Friday, October 7, 2011

Falling For Romeo by Jennifer Laurens

Title: Falling For Romeo
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Published By: Grove Creek Publishing (Oct. 1, 2007)
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
My Rating: 4 Stars


Goodreads Description:
John can have any girl he wants. Jennifer's never been kissed.
Everybody thinks he's perfect. She's got issues with pride and jealousy.
They were best friends-once. Now, they're playing Romeo and Juliet. Virgin lips Jennifer must have her first kiss on stage with John, the guy every girl in school wants. The pressure and tension build along with each staged kiss. Both are shocked when feelings bloom. Can either tell which kisses are real and which are for show?


My Review:

I love Jennifer Laurens' books. I know that whenever I open one up I can count on a well written story with some loveable characters, realistic story lines, great dialog, some swoon worthy scenes and just something that I know I will get completely immersed in and not want to put down and thankfully this book was no different and did not disappoint!

Two of my most favorite works of literature are Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and then William Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet so when I saw that this book incorporated both of those into the storyline, well, I knew I was going to be in love with this story too.

I loved the building romance in this book and how both main characters had to fight some of there own pride and yes, prejudices, to be able to really look at the person in front of them and see beneath the surface and not judge them by their outward appearances and actions. I loved watching them struggle with their emotions and seeing how they would overcome them.

I am a hopeless romantic so it is nice to be able to read a story that you know will have a happy ever after and leave you with that warm and fuzzy feeling when you finish the story.

I think we all need some happily ever afters in our life and I know that I can count on Laurens to deliver when it comes to that, which I think it why I enjoy her stories so much.
If you haven't tried her books yet you really should. They are just cute fun reads that will leave a smile on your face and make you think about the characters long after you have finished the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment