Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update

I managed to read two books today and a short story and well into a third book. I also participated in the book cover challenge at The Musings of Almybnenr, it was fun but I am afraid that I didn't do well on it. Doesn't help that I waited until the last minute to do it but still. My brain was not functioning for me today.


Anyways, the two books I read for the Read-a-Thon are Lovestruck Summer by Melissa C. Walker, which I really liked but the ending, well, it wasn't what I wanted I guess. I felt a little disappointed by it but over all it was a fun read. I would rate it at about 4 Stars.







I also managed to read Inevitable by Jason Letts.   Doesn't it have a great cover? In fact all the covers in the series are amazing!
The story was definitely different from any other paranormal romance I have read and the ending was a little bit of a cliff hanger but overall it was a fun read. I am looking forward to the other two in the trilogy.












I also read a really cute short story called Something by Ted Stetson. It really was a fast read but nice and sweet. I would give it 3 Stars.














I am also almost done with Violet Midnight (The Enchanters #1) by Allie Burke. This one, I am not so sure about. I get the feeling that the writer left things out that she knew and just expected (or maybe was just hoping) that the reader already knew or would figure out. Plus, even though I really did enjoy the Twilight books, all the Twilight references in it is a little off putting. 
I don't think I will be reading the next in the series sadly. I just don't think it is the book for me. 








And next up on my to read list you ask? I think I will be trying Isabella Kruger's Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires #1). It looks pretty good and has been on my TRB for awhile now. 
And after that? I have no idea! I guess I will see what stands out to me and just calls for me to read it. 




I hope everyone is enjoying their reading and having a great time, I know I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment